Purpose of BAMA
Established in 1961, the British Aerosol Manufacturers' Association (BAMA) represents the aerosol industry, from suppliers of components and ingredients to fillers and marketers of aerosol products. BAMA has around 74 member companies ranging from small business to multinational corporations.
BAMA aims to
- Promote the aerosol and encourage innovation.
- Set high standards in safety, good manufacturing practice and on environmental issues.
- Present industry's view to legislators, the media and key opinion formers.
Our main areas of activity are:
- Information: Providing an information service on all matters that affect the UK aerosol industry.
- Industry Voice: Co-ordinating and conveying the requirements and opinions of our industry to the UK Government, The European Commission and European Parliament.
- Industry Policy: Concentrating resources through Committees on key issues and formulating industry policy.
- Industry Forum: Running regular seminars for members on topics of interest to the industry.
- Industry Promotion: Dealing with public affairs, media relations and education to help promote the use and understanding of aerosols.
- Legislation: Informing members of legislative developments and providing detailed explanations on how these will affect the industry.
- Standards: Contributing to the development of British, European and international standards and publishing codes of practice and guides on safety.
- Worldwide: Linking with other aerosol associations around the world, particularly in Europe.
- Other Industries: Liaising closely with other trade bodies on areas of common interest.
Membership is open to any company with a commercial interest in the aerosol industry. Applications must be proposed and seconded by two member companies and approved by the Executive Committee. Annual subscriptions are calculated on a graduated scale based on annual turnover of aerosol related business. Download an application form.
Call BAMA if you have any queries.
BAMA is a member of the European Aerosol Federation.