What is the BAMA Standard for Consumer Safety & Good Manufacturing Practice?
Download the 'What is the BAMA Standard for Consumer Safety & Good Manufacturing Practice?' fact sheet here
What is The BAMA Standard?
From design to disposal, The BAMA Standard:
• Sets out in 9 Modules clear requirements on how to deal with well defined issues
• Promotes a philosophy of continual improvement
• Provides a self-assessment methodology to identify strengths and weaknesses and decide where to make improvements
• Provides a means to identify companies operating to good manufacturing practice
• Provides a focus for industry-specific training
What are the Modules?
1 Product Design
2 Supply of Components and Raw Materials
4 Consumer Labelling and Provision of Information
5 Transport of Aerosols (Packaging & Labelling)
6 Warehousing of Aerosols
7 Disposal of Full and Part-Full Aerosols
8 Planning for an Emergency
9 Product Recall and Consumer Returns
How does it Work?
Each Module consists of two parts:
• Requirements and Guidance
• Self-Assessment Checklist and Assessors’ Guidance
Requirements & guidance
Requirements set out in precise language
• Good Practice – must do
• Best Practice – aid to continuous improvement
• Supporting information to explain requirements
• Advice on achieving requirements
The BAMA Standard was written by groups of experts in BAMA and incorporates the combined knowledge and expertise of the entire aerosol supply chain