The governance is undertaken by an Executive Committee, comprising representatives elected by the membership, of a number of co-opted Committee Chairmen. The Executive formulates Association policy and is supported by several committees and working groups:
- Operational Safety Committee - safety in manufacturing, warehousing and transport
- Packaging & Contents Committee - relevant legislation and work on Standards
- Volatile Substance Abuse Committee - prevention of volatile substance abuse
- Environment Committee - environmental issues associated with manufacture and use of aerosols
- HFC Working Group - focuses on issues related to HFCs
- Aerosol Ingredients Working Group - focuses on issues related to aerosol ingredients
- Scientific Panel - issues relating to health and environment
- Commercial & Planning Committee - deals with strategic aspects of the aerosol industry: future planning, strategy, training, etc
- Statistics Panel - meets annually to review the outcome of the confidential survey on UK aerosol fillings
- The BAMA Standard Group - produces and updates aspects of the BAMA Standard for Consumer Safety and Good Manufacturing Practice.
The secretariat consists of the following dedicated staff: BAMA Director, Technical & Environmental Manager, Communications Executive, Events & Member Communications Coordinator and an Office Administrator.
BAMA operates a competition law policy in the conduct of BAMA meetings & events.
Would you like to join a BAMA Committee or Working Group? Email us