The UK Government has issued new and updated advice: on Visitors to the UK and travel, on the furlough scheme and, as we get back to some sort of normality, on how the UK can bounce back from the pandemic.
- Visitors: I’m sure you will have seen the headlines about visitors to the UK having to self-quarantine for 14 days on arrival. There are exemptions to these rules. However, if you are thinking of inviting visitors to the UK or planning to travel abroad yourself it would be prudent to check the new regulations. They can be found here
- Travel: Government advice is now that all those travelling on Public Transport should wear a face covering. Full advice on safer travel can be found here
- Furlough: The furlough scheme has been extended and you have until the 31st July to make any claims in the period up to 30th June. Full details can be found here and details on the Flexible Furlough” are here.
Finally, BEIS is creating 5 new business-focused groups to “unleash Britain’s growth potential and create jobs, as part of the government’s plans to help the economy bounce back from the coronavirus pandemic.”
The key themes will be:
- The future of industry: How to accelerate business innovation and leverage private sector investment in research and development
- Green recovery: How to capture economic growth opportunities from the shift to net zero carbon emissions
- Backing new businesses: How to make the UK the best place in the world to start and scale a business
- Increasing opportunity: How to level up economic performance across the UK, including through skills and apprenticeships
- The UK open for business: How to win and retain more high value investment for the UK
We here at BAMA will keep in touch with our various contacts in Government to ensure we put forward the case for the aerosol industry. There will be the opportunity to share written submissions and I will make this a discussion point at our upcoming Board meeting to decide how we should proceed.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, or if we can help in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Chief ExecutiveBack To News